We are asking motorists to be vigilant after parts were stolen from two parked Land Rover Discovery cars.
Sometime between 6pm on Sunday 19 May and 8pm on Monday 20 May, the front lights and a grill cluster were removed from a Land Rover Discovery that was parked at a house in Owslebury.
In a separate incident, a rear seat, boot matt and front light assembly were stolen from a Land Rover Discovery at a house in Fishers Pond, near Colden Common.
This incident took place sometime between 11pm on Sunday 19 May and 7am the following day.
Officers are looking for any links between the two thefts.
Sergeant Stuart Gilmour said: “We are urging residents to remain vigilant as these thefts are quite unusual.
“We are looking to see if Land Rover Discovery cars are being targeted for their parts.
“If you have noticed someone acting suspiciously around your vehicle, then contact us on 101. If a crime is in progress, dial 999.”
We would like to take this opportunity to remind car owners of advice on how best to protect their vehicles.
While it is difficult to completely stop the threat, here are some things you can do to reduce the risk:
• Park your car in a garage or secure area, if possible
• If parking on the street, try and park in a well-lit and busy street
• If you have several cars, consider defensive parking, where you can block high clearance vehicle with low clearance ones to restrict access underneath. Another tactic is to park your vehicle against a wall or garage to stop access to a number plate
• Always lock your vehicle, even when you are filling up or parking on your drive, and remember to close all windows and the sunroof
• Fit good in-car security locks for added protection. Visit https://www.soldsecure.com/
• Always manually check your vehicle has locked before walking away, if using electric locking
• Fit a Thatcham-rated category 1 or 2 alarm system with tracking, immobilisation, anti-grab and movement sensors to help protect and trace your vehicle. See https://thatchamfitters.co.uk/car/cars-with-factory-fitted-thatcham-security/
For more tips, visit: https://www.hampshire.police.uk/cp/crime-prevention/theft-of-a-vehicle/vehicle-attracting-thieves/