Font Size A A A
Hampshire Country Watch
Hampshire Country Watch

Click here to return to the home page.

Teenager sentenced to 17 years in prison following the murder of Michael Deary in Fareham

Alert message sent 30/01/2019 13:07:00

Information sent on behalf of Hampshire Constabulary

We wanted to highlight a recent court result to you.

A 17-year-old boy from Gosport, who admitted the murder of 29-year-old Michael Deary in Fareham, has been sentenced to 17 years in prison.
Luke Mikael Pearce of no fixed address pleaded guilty at Winchester Crown Court on Thursday 20 December and was sentenced at the same court today.
Michael’s body was located in his home at Omaha Close on Monday 20 August 2018.

Senior Investigating Officer, Detective Chief Inspector Ellie Hurd said: ”I hope today’s sentencing provides some closure for Michael’s family at the end of this thorough investigation. The defendant’s admission removed the need for a trial, which would have subjected Michael’s relatives to ongoing press coverage of all of the details surrounding his death. However this is still a difficult time for his family and friends who would like their privacy to be observed.
“At around 4:30pm on Monday 20 August police officers arrived at Michael’s flat after we received a concern for welfare call. The front door was locked, but officers observed that the flat was in disarray through the window. After entering the flat Michael’s body was discovered, he had been stabbed five times in an unprovoked and sustained attack..
“I’d like to thank the whole investigation team, which identified and located Pearce, who was known to Michael and who had stayed the night in the flat. Detailed and exhaustive forensic examination of the flat alongside recovery and analysis of data from a range of sources including digital media helped us to secure a charge.
“I’d also like to thank the local community in Fareham who assisted our appeals for information and the local residents who spoke to officers, which helped us to build a comprehensive picture of the people who had been seen around Omaha Close in the days before Michael’s death.
“Today’s court hearing brings to a close this very sad investigation, but I’m pleased that the sentence given reflects the seriousness of this violent crime, and that the community in Fareham can be re-assured that the person responsible has been brought to justice”.

Message sent by
James Pusey (Police, Corporate Communications, Hampshire and the Isle of Wight)

Message tag words

Back to previous page
Click here to tweet this message to your followers

Discuss this alert message

Please see terms below before using this feature
Please be aware that the facility above is a Facebook service, posting your views will make some of your Facebook information visible to everyone (as with any Facebook activity).

The system administrators (VISAV Limited) monitor the content added. Any misuse or objectionable material should be reported to

The views expressed do not represent the views of the system administrators who are VISAV Limited, the Police, Neighbourhood Watch and other Information Provider using this service.